COVID SAFE UPDATE
We are delighted that the Welsh government has decided it is safe for us to open our doors again from August 3rd, providing the R number stays low and outdoor eating proves safe.
On this proviso, we plan to open Wednesday-Sunday 12pm-9pm from next Wednesday August 5th, onwards, with bookings being taken from Friday July 31st, once Mr. Drakeford has given us the definite go-ahead.
We want to ensure both the comfort and safety of our customers while still providing our usual friendly service. Things will look and feel a little different until we all get used to the new way, for us as well as you. Please bear with us as we all transition through this period; our top priority is combining your safety with your enjoyment. If there is anything you think we are doing well, or could improve on, please don't hesitate to let us know, so that we can make this the best experience possible. Following intensive consultation with the UK government, the Welsh government, UK hospitality Cymru, and the local authority, you will notice the following steps and measures have been implemented:
- We have introduced an even stricter cleaning regime, with high frequency touchpoints being sanitised at least hourly.
- All staff have been re-trained in thorough handwashing and sanitising protocol.
- Staff have been trained in spotting symptoms, and are aware of self-isolating procedures if presenting any.
- A full Covid-19 risk assessment has been carried out and is openly available for staff to view.
- Staff have been fully trained in all recommended precautions and customer safety.
- Seating has been reduced and tables spaced out to accommodate social distancing.
- Tables will operate on a booking only system with fixed slots. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Booking slots will last 2.5 hours.
- Tables and chairs will be thoroughly sanitised in between bookings, and disposable tablecloths replaced with fresh.
- Customers will need to provide a lead party name and contact number for NHS Track and Trace purposes at point of booking.
- This will be kept for the required 21 days, and then disposed of securely.
- Only one extended household per booking will be accepted in line with Welsh government guidelines.
- All staff will be required to wear at least a face covering. Face visors will be available in conjunction with this.
- Customers will be greeted and seated by a member of staff, then table service will be mandatory throughout your visit.
- Any cutlery, condiments and serviettes will be brought to your table along with your food in order to avoid unnecessary handling.
- We have introduced a new one-way system from the bar entrance, through to the cafe exit.
- This one-way system also applies to the toilet area.
- Signage has been displayed prominently to help and remind you of this.
- Toilets will operate on a one-in, one-out system.
- We have installed privacy signs on toilet doors to help you with this, as well as pre-toilet sanitiser and signage.
- Sanitiser stations have been installed throughout the building, and customers are encouraged to use them regularly.
- We encourage contactless payments wherever possible, however we will accept cash if this is not possible, with staff sanitising before and after handling.
- If you are unwell, please stay home and get a test, we will happily rebook when you are better.
- We will be continuing with our takeaway and delivery service.
- Takeaways can be ordered through JustEat or over the phone and collected or delivered.
- If you arrive early for your takeaway collection, you will need to wait outside due to maximum indoor capacity.
Stay safe, look after each other, and be kind. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon.